Happy Middle of the Year! My oldest son is officially 11 1/2. When you are eleven the half year mark is very significant. It is not significant when you are 36. Avery has always been on the small side...from the moment he was born. He came a surprising six weeks early...in December of 1997 instead of January of 1998, just tipping the scales at six pounds. My father in law, being the CPA that he is, was so excited that we could count him as a tax rebate for '97. He has always been the shortest in his class, and the thinnest. I keep trying to reassure him that this will not always be the case. I know this, because I see how much food he packs away in his 11 year old body. It is eventually going to catch up! However, today we reached a milestone. I took him to the doctor for a sore throat that looked very strep throatish. Before going in the room, shoes must come off and the dreaded scale must be faced. He always gets upset, because for the past two years he has not been able to pass the 75 pounds mark. Today he was FINALLY up to 81 pounds!!!! I heard the Hallelujah Chorus playing over the speaker system, and fireworks exploded in the background. He turned and gave me a high five that made my heart smile. We stopped on the way home to get him a Big Mac. We are now striving to reach the 85 mark. Secretly, I would love to keep him little for as long as possible...

LOL We've gone through similar scenerios in our house. Jared has always been on the 'small' side. But in the months surrounding his 12th birthday, he went from wearing a 10 or 12 slim pants to a 14 husky!!! He's striving to reach the 100 pound mark. I mean, hello? He wants to be a football player and, "Mom, football players are BIG." :D Mom is just worried about keeping him in clothes that FIT!
ReplyDelete