Happy Ninth Birthday to Riley Lance. Nine years ago today, I was officially 3 days overdue. I had been dilated to 2 for a month, the doctors had been telling me for six weeks that I could deliver any second. Second after second passed and NOTHING happened. Talk about an unhappy pregnant woman. I had been walking our neighborhood day after day, hoping to “get things moving.” I’m sure the neighbors were relieved when he was finally born. However, Riley had decided to wait…and wait. Finally, the doctor admitted me at 11:00 and Riley Lance was born at 2:00 on a beautiful Thursday afternoon. Weighing in at 7lbs., 14 ounces and 21 inches of absolute perfectness. He was beautiful. Those big brown eyes, soft brown hair and big dimples stole my heart the second I saw him. Thank you, Lord for the blessing of my sweet son... My dear Riley, when I think of you I think of so many things. The main thing I love about you is your relationship with the Lord. I love to watch you worship in church. It is with such powerful sincerity. Your faith amazes me. You exemplify childlike faith. I have walked in your room in the middle of the day and have seen you on your knees in prayer, for no reason other then you want to spend time with the Lord. You never go to sleep at night unless you have spent time reading your Bible. The Lord has something great for you in life…sometimes it scares me to think of the places you might go in Him, because they might be far from me. However, all that matters is that you are in the center of His will.
From the second you were born, you and Avery have been a team. I love the way the two of you laugh and play together. I hope are always like that. I think it is awesome the way you are starting to let Avery know that he doesn’t ALWAYS know everything! You are also a wonderful big brother to Landry. I know he tries your patience sometimes, and just get ready, because he probably always will.
You bring more happiness to Daddy and me than you will ever know! I hope this birthday is a special one. I can’t wait to see your face when you open your present. I KNOW you are going to love it! May this 9th year bring you much happiness.
Mama XOXOXOX
Ok..I've decided when I grow up I want to be a fantastic mama just like YOU! This post seriously brought tears to my eyes. Love your sweet boys and you too. =)
ReplyDelete