Monday, January 17, 2011

It is official - I am the Mom of a teenager - post 9

My oldest son, Avery, turned 13 on December 13th. I am in the midst of 13 memories of him…I know it is a silly Mom thing…but, it is therapeutic for this silly Mom!

Avery and school went together like peanut butter and jelly, pancakes and syrup, Bert and Ernie…in other words, he LOVED it. Suddenly, he was in FIRST grade. I am proud to say that I handled it much better than kindergarten. It was also a presidential election year. If you know the Presson men, then you know that they are extremely political. It doesn’t take long for Clark, Uncle Bob, Blair, and Papa Don to get a political conversation going when we are all together.

Avery is, always has been, and always will be 100% Presson! At the young age of six, he stepped into the political storm with much enthusiasm! He knew many details about George W. Bush AND John Kerry, and had formed very strong opinions on each candidate.

The elementary school that he was attending held an election. Avery was super excited over the fact that he was going to get to vote at the young age of six! He even wore a red, white, and blue flag shirt on the appointed day. Each student was allowed to stand and make a statement about the candidate of their choice. Avery was the only one in his first grade class that had an opinion on the matter! He proudly stood and told his young fellow Americans that John Kerry did not believe in God, and that they would go to hell if they did not vote for George W. Bush.

Needless to say, George W. Bush won the presidential election in Mrs. Hill’s 1st Grade Class. Not surprisingly, I received a call from Mrs. Hill asking that I have a talk with my son about dramatically voicing his political opinion. 

Post Script -   All opinions in this article were strictly thought up by Avery Presson and NOT told to him by either his mother or father!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely hilarious! I can't believe your baby boy is a teenager...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following the exciting,exhausting, sometimes messy, but BLESSED lives of the Pressons! We love to read your thoughts, comments, and or questions!