Monday, March 28, 2011

March 2011 Briefing on the life and times of the Pressons.

Can you believe it? I. can. not. March has come and almost gone! This post is mainly miscellaneous info that only people that really love us would be interested in reading. So if you’re not a sister, aunt, grandmother or cousin then please feel free to skip to the next blog.

We started our month with our first FAC Mommy & Me Consignment Sale. I was astounded by the wonderful job that my “committee” aka Sarah Stafford, Kerri Hebert, and Falon Erickson did on organizing it. M&M cleared over $1,700. AWESOME! We had so much wonderful help, incredible things for sale, as well as so many creative vendors. I am already stock piling items for our next sale.

I had surgery this month, and had to do mucho resting. Clark and the boys, as well as Mom & Dad, took such good care of me. I received SO much good food from many that love me! I am blessed and spoiled. There is a fine line between the two of those.

I got a little stir crazy after awhile, so Mom sent over the antiquated VCR for extra entertainment along with several VHS movies. Anne of Green Gables and I got to spend many wonderful hours together! We shared many laughs and tears, even though I have watched it so many times that I practically have the script memorized. A “few” other of my favorites that I watched while recuperating were: Sleepless in Seattle, You’ve Got Mail, An Affair to Remember, Princess of Thieves, Roman Holiday, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, and Father of the Bride. I can tell you are jealous.

Avery and Riley brought home report cards with all straight A’s again. Super Proud Mom! Landry is graded with E(excellent), G(Good) and S(Satisfactory). He brought home almost all E’s and E+’s. However, there was one pesky little E-. It caused much sadness for my little overachiever! Clark tried to explain that an E- was something to be really proud of, but Landry could not understand how anything with a minus would be considered good.

Avery, Riley and Landry ALL lost a tooth this month! This was Landry’s first tooth to loose. Of course, it made me a little sad. He was hoping for $30 from the tooth fairy. He has high expectations in most areas of life. Poor tooth fairy! I save all of their teeth. I’m sentimentally silly like that. Each Sunday night I pack Landry a small entertainment bag for church. SOMEHOW one of the boy’s teeth got put into the “toy” bag. Landry was very surprised to find a tooth in the middle of his army men and crayons. I am still laughing about it! I am so glad it didn’t end up in a snack bag!!!

Avery won 3rd place in his first ever Science Fair. He will now take his (and…cough, cough…Clark’s) project to Competition at the end of the school year. We were excited that he won. I am already worrying about next year’s project. It is a BIG academic task! We have EIGHT weeks of this school year left. Summer is almost within our grasp.

As you know from an earlier post, Lisa & Randy have moved to Tennessee. We have all been spending Randy’s money to decorate their home. I must say that I enjoy helping spend his money! Their house looks SO nice! And I am so happy that they are here! We had lots of fun with Chad, Jordan, Amy, Brad and the kids while they helped with the big move. I got to give Cooper lots of kisses. He is such a cutie…. I would really like to keep him. And I got to give him his first little haircut/trim. Sometimes being a great-aunt has great perks.

My nephew, Evan, turned FIFTEEN, and my great-niece, Hailey had her 4th birthday party with us in Tennessee. My beautiful niece, Meaghan, celebrated her one month wedding anniversary. I hear she and Derek are becoming pros at the married life.

April is just a few days away. It will bring with it a whole new set of events. Some good and some bad. I am thankful that the Lord walks with us through each and every day. Although, the future is a mystery to me, it is not to Him! Farewell to March 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following the exciting,exhausting, sometimes messy, but BLESSED lives of the Pressons! We love to read your thoughts, comments, and or questions!