Hooray! Tomorrow is January 1st! Well, at least it is MY January 1st. Due to sickness and other family situations we are just now beginning our "new year changes." ANNDD, I am ready for them! I must admit that I have not written down a list of "resolutions," although I have many swirling and twirling around in my thought patterns. However, I love the idea of choosing a word for the year.
The idea behind a word of the year is to stay focused on it on a daily basis and let it flavor your entire year. There are so many beautiful, creative, inspiring and even fun words to choose from. Resplendent, grace, thankful, serene, tranquil, and so on. How pleasant would it be to think on and attempt "serene" each and every day in the midst of my boy-filled world. It makes me feel mellow just thinking about it.
However, I tried to focus on the improvements that needed to take place in my life. I thought back on the challenges of the past year and how the outcome would have been if I had reacted differently. I concentrated on the desire of getting from point A to point B. I came up with a very boring, unromantic, non-exciting word. Yet, it challenged me.
CONSISTENCY - [kuh
n-sis-tuh
n-see] steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.: ex. There is consistency in his pattern of behavior.
n-sis-tuh
n-see] steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.: ex. There is consistency in his pattern of behavior.
A spirit of steadfastness! That is exactly what I am expecting of myself in 2012! Begin the POSITIVE in all areas of my life...and just keep doing it day after day after day after day. Not too difficult when you think about it! Consistency in the improvement of changes that I can make for my health, consistency in keeping my family on a schedule that will keep the happy level up and the stress level down, and keeping the same course in tending to my home. Keeping on a steady course in my spiritual walk and ministry responsibilities is certainly on the top of my consistency list. I will encourage my children to embrace consistency! Maybe I will even blog with a bit more consistency! Many times I start the New Year out with a BaNg and about mid February I run out of steam! I am hoping my word for the year will inspire me to continue on in my well doing.
Perhaps my word for 2013 will be a lovely word such as quiescent, which means peaceful. Good thing I have a whole year to attempt that one! Prayers and good wishes to all of you that want to make YOU a better servant for HIS work and will!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for following the exciting,exhausting, sometimes messy, but BLESSED lives of the Pressons! We love to read your thoughts, comments, and or questions!