I made the most AWESOME oatmeal cookies on our rainy Labor Day. The recipe came from my sister-in-law, Sharon Presson. I have had a couple of ladies ask for the recipe. Hopefully, Sharon will not mind my sharing it with you.
Granny's Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients:
11/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups brown sugar
3 cups quick cook oats
1 cup shortening
2 eggs beaten
Pecan halves
Directions: Sift flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Cream brown sugar and shortening. Add beaten eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in dry, sifted ingredients and oats. Chill dough. Form into balls the size of a walnut. Roll in powdered sugar until coated. Gently press a pecan half in top of each cookie. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Yields 5 to 6 dozen
Thanks, Sharon!!
P.S. I am getting close to my 100th blog post! I will have to plan a special celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for following the exciting,exhausting, sometimes messy, but BLESSED lives of the Pressons! We love to read your thoughts, comments, and or questions!