Day 12 - Today I am thankful for the Word. Ezekiel described it as "honey in my mouth." Job said it is "spiritual food for the hungry." It was a "lamp for my feet" to the Psalmist David, and "joy and delight to Jeremiah's heart."
There is NOTHING that can soothe my troubled mind or bring peace and joy to me like the WORD of the Lord. It is more precious than gold (Psalms 19:10), renews my mind (Romans 12:12), and penetrates my thoughts and attitudes. (Hebrews 4:12).
It is a love letter to me from my Savior.
A few things he whispered when I needed...
LOVE - The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3
PROTECTION - "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:1-2
GRACE - "For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." Psalms 84:11
SALVATION - "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38
Here are some promises he gave me when I was...
LONELY - "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:16
WORRIED - "Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philipians 4:6-7
IN NEED - "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us." Ephesians 3:20
And a few nuggets when I felt...
INSECURE - "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Phil 1:6
WEAK - "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalms 27:1
SICK - "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. " Psalms 73:26
Instruction when I want to be...
A BETTER WIFE - "The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:10-13
A BETTER MOTHER - "And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates."
*******
I am so thankful that I walk by boy's bedrooms at night, and see them getting strength for their own journey in His Word, and for the man that calls us into the livingroom so that we can read His Word together.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for following the exciting,exhausting, sometimes messy, but BLESSED lives of the Pressons! We love to read your thoughts, comments, and or questions!