Friday, February 28, 2014

"Our" girl turns 7 today.

I am thinking about you today.  We are strangers, yet share such a gift.  You gave birth to our girl.  I know from bits and pieces of paper work that you loved her, and I'm sure that you love her still. Our girl turns 7 today.  The mother's heart in me knows that you are thinking of her, remembering the events of the special day she came into this world.  She often questions me about you.  I do not have many answers and probably never will.  There is a place in her heart that will always long for you, as I know you long for her.

She is such a pretty girl.  She has big brown eyes that takes in every detail of what is going on around her. Our girl is an amazing reader.  Her penmanship is pure perfection.  She loves pretty, sparkely things. Neatness is a must in her world.  Everything has to be in perfect order at all times, or she feels like all will fall apart.  She is still tiny, but can eat like you would not believe.  Her laugh is cute and girly.  Her things are very important to her.  I always wanted a girly girl, and she is just that. She loves God.  I listen to her pray, and I'm amazed. She finds joy in her Bible, and treasures the words she reads there.  Her singing voice is beautiful, and I believe she has true talent.  She has lost two teeth this year, and can't wait to lose her next one. 

I wasn't there seven years ago.  I was not the first one to look into her soft brown eyes, or hear her first cries.  I never changed her diapers or fed her a bottle.  Our heart connection was not made in those first few moments of life.  But, I do thank you for being there.  I thank you for making the hard choices that you made by putting her needs above your own, and for letting go.  You have given her more than you can ever imagine. I pray for peace for you today as the two of us celebrate the life of "our" girl.  May she always know how much she is loved by both of her mamas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following the exciting,exhausting, sometimes messy, but BLESSED lives of the Pressons! We love to read your thoughts, comments, and or questions!